Hilton Head Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give me a shout maybe we can dive together if your interested. We have a great group that dive together. R

cgardinier:
I'm new to the message board and would like some info on Hilton Head diving. Are there any active dive shops on the Island of do you haave to go off the Island to get a place, and if yes, where?
Thanx
There is no diveshop on Hilton Head. Take your golf clubs...
Savannah's the closest for a diveshop and I don't know what diving they do there, it's pretty shallow and sandy.

There is some wreck diving done out of Charleston. Probably more than an hr. drive north of Hilton Head. They do deeper dives offshore out in the gulfstream, that could be interesting. There's also a dive on the Cooper river in Charleston where you grope around for fossil shark teeth in zero viz due to the natural coloring of the water.

sjspeck:
There is no diveshop on Hilton Head. Take your golf clubs...
Savannah's the closest for a diveshop and I don't know what diving they do there, it's pretty shallow and sandy.

There is some wreck diving done out of Charleston. Probably more than an hr. drive north of Hilton Head. They do deeper dives offshore out in the gulfstream, that could be interesting. There's also a dive on the Cooper river in Charleston where you grope around for fossil shark teeth in zero viz due to the natural coloring of the water.
sjspeck I dive the cooper nearly every weekend and have since the 80,s in all that time I,ve only dove one time that the vis was zero ie couldn,t read my gauges. Limited I,ll concede, but saying that I,ve had divers in 34 foot water with a dead dive light pickup and recognize teeth.this vis usually occurs later in the year ie colder water. Usually we have two to three feet of vis.

scubadaddee:
sjspeck I dive the cooper nearly every weekend and have since the 80,s in all that time I,ve only dove one time that the vis was zero ie couldn,t read my gauges. Limited I,ll concede, but saying that I,ve had divers in 34 foot water with a dead dive light pickup and recognize teeth.this vis usually occurs later in the year ie colder water. Usually we have two to three feet of vis.

In regards to Savannah diving, check out www.savannahscuba.net We have a list of charters, dive spots with pics/video, dive shops etc

A.

scubadaddee:
Usually we have two to three feet of vis.
Maybe poor was the word I was looking for. But understand that my next two trips after diving in SC were Cayman and Bonaire. So it colors my judgement slightly.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom