History of the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman,
I noticed you were missed, my friend. I have now added you in.
I remember well that you were here posting your love for Bonaire, 5 days before I did!
Hope to dive with you on the 'Hilma Hooker', someday.
:sunny:

Please keep in mind that this is a very dated thread. The last post prior to yours is now over 2 years old (09/01).

Things change here.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Butch103 once bubbled...
Just a general question to all the oldtimers on the board, could someone give the rest of us newbies a brief history of the board?? I have personlly read a lot of the old threads from days gone by.........but there is a lot of missing info, who started, original members etc

Thanks Butch

There is one called scubaspots that was started in 1996 and is absolutely HUGE. It's the oldest and best that I'm aware of.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

There is one called scubaspots that was started in 1996 and is absolutely HUGE. It's the oldest and best that I'm aware of.

Oldest maybe. But best? I think you would get a lot of arguements on this board about that statement.

Well, that's true it could start all kinds of arguements. But in scubaspots you can just about find a dive shop anywhere. On this board you have to ask around and hope someone knows what they are talking about. This board Leisure Pro and DIR rules....There is NO arguement about that. Anyway can make a post about Leisure Pro's prices and weblinks etc. But if I was to talk about Joe Schmoe's dive shop out of San Fran having great prices too....It would get yanked in two seconds. I've seen it happen many times.

If someone tried to advertise their up coming PADI class on this board...It would get yanked in 1 second. But Upcoming DIR classes are posted routinely.

On scubaspots you don't have any of that type of confusion.

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
Well, that's true it could start all kinds of arguements. But in scubaspots you can just about find a dive shop anywhere. On this board you have to ask around and hope someone knows what they are talking about. This board Leisure Pro and DIR rules....There is NO arguement about that. Anyway can make a post about Leisure Pro's prices and weblinks etc. But if I was to talk about Joe Schmoe's dive shop out of San Fran having great prices too....It would get yanked in two seconds. I've seen it happen many times.

If someone tried to advertise their up coming PADI class on this board...It would get yanked in 1 second. But Upcoming DIR classes are posted routinely.

On scubaspots you don't have any of that type of confusion.

You've got a real problem with DIR, don't you?

This board, and it's members, are huge. And the topics are widely varied.

But your reasons all have to do with DIR.

Sheesh. Get over it.

detroit diver once bubbled...

You've got a real problem with DIR, don't you?

Sheesh. Get over it.

Why do you say that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom