HMS Repulse in 2024?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone!

Anyone visited the HMS Repulse recently? I heard that it was badly damaged by salvages in the last few years..

Would love to hear some input about this, as most of the info I can find about this wreck is pre-2020..

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

Anyone visited the HMS Repulse recently? I heard that it was badly damaged by salvages in the last few years..

Would love to hear some input about this, as most of the info I can find about this wreck is pre-2020..

Thanks in advance!
"Damaged" is a bit of a misnomer, at this point it's basically gone. Illegally salvaged for the pre-atomic bomb steel and stolen.

"Damaged" is a bit of a misnomer, at this point it's basically gone. Illegally salvaged for the pre-atomic bomb steel and stolen.
Not quite 'gone', but.................................she has certainly been heavily, repeat heavily, damaged (as has PoW) and would be a very very sorry site / sight to dive / see now, unfortunately. But they will be 'gone', thats for sure! :mad:

In case anyone has not seem them, here is a link to a PDF survey report I wrote on both wrecks years ago, and PDF paper we wrote on PoW, also years ago. Enjoy, as sans a couple of salvaged props they were in pristine shape then (save for battle / sinking damage of course), which they sure ain't now! Luckily we got what we got when we got it.

The photographs in this report that were shot along the shaft tunnel (in PoW) were taken by well known cave diver Craig Challen, who was also known to do an odd wreck dive or two three. :wink:

To the OP, given you seem to be from / live in Singapore, you are closer to the scene of the crimes than most I would assume, so there would be folks that are there or nearby that you could look up to see if they have dived either one in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom