HOG Deep & Cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just curious how deep and or cold have you used your HOG D1 Cold with the SE black 2nd stage.

150' 42F was the coldest/ deepest dive. The coldest was under the ice and max of around 50'. I do not have the D1 SE second but do have the regular D1, the only difference is the color.

155 in 36 degree water on Lake Erie and 38 degree water under the ice in Ohio. Also taught a weekend of deep and intro to tech classes at Gilboa. Max depth 125 and 39-40 degrees.

(Not me) My son dives HOGs and on a dive with me went to 130 FFW and 3C / 38F

I'll be testing them in a few. The St Lawrence last winter was 32.5-34* F at 100' . I just got home after being on the work road for 5 weeks and am not sure of the current temps. I would assume about 36* F at this time but will post computer readings Mon. From what I have researched they should be as good as any in the colder waters when they are equipped with the CWD/ enviro kits.

Back
Top Bottom