Question Primary hose adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pointy

Registered
Reaction score
I replaced my old Aqualung Glacia first stage with a Hog D1 first stage. I would like to connect the primary second from the Aqualung to the Hog first stage. Unfortunately, the old Aqualung primary second used a larger than standard fitting on the hose connecting to the first stage. I am hoping there is an adapter that would allow me to fit the Aqualung second stage hose to a standard (Hog) first stage.

The reason I want to do this is that the Aqualung hose includes heat diffusing features that make the Glacia second stage a good choice for cold water diving.

Is there such an adapter? If so, who sells it?

Do you think Hog's second stage is such an outstanding choice for cold water that I should just toss my old Glacia hose and second stage?

Is it really a 1/2" LP port on the first stage?

If so, 3/8" male to 1/2" female adapters do exist if you want to save the hose.

Examples:

I like the Apeks ones, super low profile but as with all things Apeks a bit spendy.

IMG_2827.jpeg

Is it really a 1/2" LP port on the first stage?

If so, 3/8" male to 1/2" female adapters do exist if you want to save the hose.

Examples:

Thanks lowwall, the item in the first link (Piranadiving.com) is what I was looking for and I ordered it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom