HP Port leak on new Aqualung Leg3nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pictures without the hose , just to see the HP surface ?

Consider a 2-012 oring rather than the 2-011 that might be there. Since the seal is made on the outer and upper surfaces of the o-ring, an oring that appears "looser" but gets compressed into the port by the hose shoulder may make a seal where an oring that fits more tightly around the hose end does not. It's a little counterintuitive.

And of course make sure that the oring is duro 90. A softer oring may be leaking because it is extruding out of a small gap alluded to above by @cerich , if manufacturing variance is part of the problem.

What am I missing? You said it was leaking, until you changed the O ring, then .....no more leak. I'd say, problem solved. Get yourself one of those spare O ring collections, throw it in with your gear, & carry on.
Similar thing happened to me recently when I changed HP hoses. New one blew the O ring 3rd or 4th time setting up. Can happen, even with (maybe especially with) fairly new gear.

What am I missing? You said it was leaking, until you changed the O ring, then .....no more leak. I'd say, problem solved. Get yourself one of those spare O ring collections, throw it in with your gear, & carry on.
Similar thing happened to me recently when I changed HP hoses. New one blew the O ring 3rd or 4th time setting up. Can happen, even with (maybe especially with) fairly new gear.
Multiple (2) new hoses, both with their own new o-rings leaked, at one point I got one to seal, went to bed, pressure tested in the morning and it was leaking again.

Unacceptable in my eyes for a new in box $1,100 reg.

Edit to add I understand my OP was fairly long winded and it's easy to miss details

pictures without the hose , just to see the HP surface ?
Unfortunately didn't get to it last night, but I'll grab some in the next day or two and post them up.

Still no response to my email to Scuba.com, I'll try calling them this evening on the way home from the office.

Any lube on the oring of the hoses? Even a little spit rubbed on them will help to keep everything moving while you tighten the hose and prevent micro tearing which can and will leak.

Any lube on the oring of the hoses? Even a little spit rubbed on them will help to keep everything moving while you tighten the hose and prevent micro tearing which can and will leak.
and help them extrude if indeed the first stage and the hose are at opposite sides of the standard spec wise.. That O'ring should not be lubed

and help them extrude if indeed the first stage and the hose are at opposite sides of the standard spec wise.. That O'ring should not be lubed
Hadn't thought of it like that. Then again I only use spit on static orings

You most likely have two bad O-rings. It is not needed to lubricate a static O-ring such as a port O-ring on a hose. Replace the hose end O-ring and be done with it.

Are these new hoses and new regulator?

You do not need to put any torque on the hose to regulator connection. Screw it down until it stops and then about an 1/8 turn if that. You can deform the brass threads or regulator/hose sealing surface by overly tightening.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom