HP Port leak on new Aqualung Leg3nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You most likely have two bad O-rings. It is not needed to lubricate a static O-ring such as a port O-ring on a hose. Replace the hose end O-ring and be done with it.

Are these new hoses and new regulator?

You do not need to put any torque on the hose to regulator connection. Screw it down until it stops and then about an 1/8 turn if that. You can deform the brass threads or regulator/hose sealing surface by overly tightening.
Yeah brand new reg and 2 separate brand new hoses of different brand and vendor. I just find it hard to believe both new hoses would have had bad o-rings? It just seems to me that would point to an issue with the reg not the o-rings but again I'm new to this.

If everything works on one hp port but not the other, then I too would suspect the reg itself.

I've not properly read the whole thread, I apologise, but again, by process of elimination it should not be hard to pin point issue. The combinations are not numerous.

If everything works on one hp port but not the other, then I too would suspect the reg itself.

I've not properly read the whole thread, I apologise, but again, by process of elimination it should not be hard to pin point issue. The combinations are not numerous.
Yeah that's the only other thing I need to do is check the other HP port to see if there's an issue there too.

I understand you're new to this but going forward if you have two of anything first try same items on both to see if problem is replicated, it will tell you very quickly where/what issue is. Until you do that we are all making best guesses but cannot know for sure without this very important missing piece of the puzzle. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom