holding your breath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iruka, nice to see someone else with that nickname. I see you beat me to it so I am the other part of my nickname. While I was in Japan I was called iruka tatakai. Translation fighting dolphin. All the best to you and as far as this thread I can beat my DM while we were in the pool on holding our breath one evening. Don't know how long that was for.

Tatakai

Rick Inman:
"His wife, who had stayed at the hotel, was quickly informed, “Houdini drowned! Houdini drowned!”

Meanwhile, having freed himself, Houdini found that he could breath from air pockets that were trapped between the water and the ice. When he saw the rope, he grabbed it and climbed out of the hole. Cheers rang out from the crowd, and he was met by his wife, who was in tears."

So I wonder how long he was down there? Must have been quite a while if his wife, who was at the hotel when informed of his drowning, was riverside when he came back through the ice.:confused:

holding my breath - actually cant do it anymore. i try and try but i keep exhaling slowly because of all of my diving. i just got back from the doctor to have xrays and he said "take a deep breath, exhale and hold it". not happening doc. but he seemed to be Ok with my slow exhale.

While I have not tried to find my personal breath holding limit in years, back when I was 13 I was able to do 3 minutes. Not too shabby for being asthmatic as a child. (Allergy induced - and yes my doctor signed off on diving).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom