Hollis DG03 voluntary recall? What about Aeris and Oceanic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I, too, purchased the DG03 from DiveGearExpress in May. If you check again now, all the DG03's they are selling off have been upgraded with the new version of firmware (1B). I followed the instructions from the Hollis website and contacted the nearest dive shop that offered service for Hollis equipment. I was told that they (the dive shop) would only send it to Alberta and that I would need to foot the shipping costs. As a result, I contacted Hollis directly stating that I didn't see the fairness in having to pay the shipping and gently suggested that they should pay, or offer me the cable. I finished by simply saying that I was hoping that Hollis would support those of us who have supported them.

After a few brief (and good-spirited) emails back and forth, I was asked for my contact info so that they can send me a USB cable.

It was nice to see that they are willing to support those of us who have invested in their tech.

P.S. I did inform them that my DC was registered through their website and I provided the Serial Number for them during this process.

If you're in a bind with your DG03, contact them and see if they will support you. BTW - neither contact number on the email I received seemed to work. I made initial contact through responding to the emailI received about the pressure issue.

Hope this helps.

Why was it discontinued and how much should it deter someone from buying one while you still can. Seems like a good deal...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom