Hollis Ride power inflator replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the_jaguar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My power inflator is toast and I need to replace it. From everything I have read, these power inflators can easily be swapped out with various other brands as long as the hose diameter is the same. Mine is a 2 cm (0.78 inch) hose diameter and was actually using an Oceanic inflator all these days. I would really appreciate suggestions regarding which power inflator to replace it with? Will any generic DGX version work or are there recommended ones that will be more reliable, but won't cost a bomb?

Thanks much!

EDIT: I have a Hollis Ride (not a typical wing)

My power inflator is toast and I need to replace it. From everything I have read, these power inflators can easily be swapped out with various other brands as long as the hose diameter is the same. Mine is a 2 cm (0.78 inch) hose diameter and was actually using an Oceanic inflator all these days. I would really appreciate suggestions regarding which power inflator to replace it with? Will any generic DGX version work or are there recommended ones that will be more reliable, but won't cost a bomb?

Thanks much!
Do you really mean a 20mm hose, or is it maybe a 19mm hose? The cheap DGX inflator (which is just fine) is for a 1 inch hose...their other more-expensive version is for a 3/4 inch hose. You can also get a 3/4 to 1 inch adapter.

Do you really mean a 20mm hose, or is it maybe a 19mm hose? The cheap DGX inflator (which is just fine) is for a 1 inch hose...their other more-expensive version is for a 3/4 inch hose. You can also get a 3/4 to 1 inch adapter.
Your are right - I was in a hurry and tried to take a quick measurement. It should be 19mm.

Interesting that the 19mm or 3/4 inch hose is much more expensive. Are there any disadvantages of using a 3/4 to 1 inch adapter?

Are there any disadvantages of using a 3/4 to 1 inch adapter?
Not that I've heard of. I've never used one so have no experience with them.

Not that I've heard of. I've never used one so have no experience with them.
Got it - been looking online for such an adaptor, but I can't find one (I am likely not using the right search term)

Do you have a picture maybe? From what I see online for the Hollis Ride, it looks like it has a standard K inflator.

For example

Do you have a picture maybe? From what I see online for the Hollis Ride, it looks like it has a standard K inflator.

For example
I too think it should be a standard 1 inch power inflator, but I bought it used and I am wondering if the previous owner decided to install a 0.75 inch oceanic inflator. I am not sure if he replaced the corrugated hose too, so I have ordered a 1 inch version to see if i can fit it in - let's see

I just got back from a bunch of good dives off of phi phi island - bida nok, tonsai wall, mushroom rock, garang heng, etc. Nothing spectacular, but good dives overall.

The standard 1 inch power inflator does NOT work :( I need a 3/4 inch one. I am not sure if even the corrugated hose connector to the wing is the standard size - the hole is 46 mm in diameter (outer diameter of the hole and inner diameter of the hose connector), so it looks like it's not easy to just replace the entire hose setup either.

Looks like I am stuck with a non standard setup...

I just found this link that claims their corrugated hose with elbow is compatible with 46mm collars - OTG Dive

Is OTG is a reliable brand/website to buy from?

Never heard of it - which doesn't mean much, but their site says they are located in China. I'd be looking for dealers in the US.

I still think a picture would be helpful to see what you currently have. My Hollis wing has what looks like the same 1" hose as in the video I linked above. I'm not sure what brands of elbows are compatible with a Hollis wing

Also - if you already have the 1" hose corrugated hose, you can just but the power inflator and elbow and make your own

Back
Top Bottom