Hollis Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Manni,

Lights are in stock and shipping now. After talking to Royce, he confirmed a unit was prepared for you and is most likely already in transit. I am unaware of the email or phone number you are using to contact our staff, however please feel free to contact me directly at 888-383-DIVE. Be sure and ask me for ME, I would like to assist in getting this resolved.

Thank you,
Nick

Thanks Nick! After a long wait, I received my LED 16 canister with a new LED 15 light head today along with a N/C receipt with documentation that the LED 25 will ship as soon as available - at which time I will return this setup back to Hollis.

Thank You Again.

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Hi Valery,

Very sorry to hear of your experiences. Regarding annual service of the unit, there are very few parts that fall into this category. If a major overhaul was requested, it could have suggested to maintain warranty to have this performed at our facility or an international affiliate office. Although, any of these parts are available for purchase separately.

Please let us know if we can explain this further. 888-383-DIVE or Info@HollisGear.com

Thanks,

Thank you for your quick response,

In the manual it’s stated that the dpv should be inspected and serviced annually so I assumed that at least the o-rings holding the light/main housing/motors should be changed.

To make it simple, what are the parts that should be replaced annually, and what are the special tools needed to do it?

Like I said before, I’m a big fan of Hollis equipment, I just want to take care of my big investment.

Thanks for your time Nick

Hi Valery,

It is recommended that the two o-rings (P/N 24408 – size 2.265) that seals the main housing and the motor cone be changed as required (at least once a year). Other than ensuring the battery remains above 80% charge when it is stored, and rinsing the unit after each use, there isn’t much maintenance that needs to be performed on the unit on an annual basis. Since you mentioned it, factory service on the H-160 is only required if the unit is malfunctioning. As the unit only has a 1 year warranty, there is not warranty to be voided after one year.

Hope this helps.

Yes it helps thank you, my apologies for been a little hard, there was some misunderstanding.

So the o-ring holding the torch and the one holding the motor cone (s/n 24407) should be left alone.

Hi Manni,

Lights are in stock and shipping now. After talking to Royce, he confirmed a unit was prepared for you and is most likely already in transit. I am unaware of the email or phone number you are using to contact our staff, however please feel free to contact me directly at 888-383-DIVE. Be sure and ask me for ME, I would like to assist in getting this resolved.

Thank you,
Nick

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Nick,

I sent you a PM and Royce several emails.....hoping someone gets back to me and tells me what to do next.

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Sorry to hijack but as this seems to be a thread Nick is watching thought I'd post here also;

ive mailed a couple of times enquiring when the, was supposed to be October, 26" springs would be available for my currently unusable F2. as yet have heard nothing. An update would be appreciated. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom