Hollywood Beach Dives this weekend Jan.21/22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetDawg

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Heading down to Hollywood North Beach Park this weekend with a couple open water students.

Any Scubaboarders who would like to try a nice easy beach dive are welcome to come along.

We plan to get in the water around 1PM(ish) on Saturday and Sunday for 2 dives each day.

The bottom structure here is a gentle slope down to a 2' - 4' ledge about 175 yards offshore. Patch reef and sea fans intersperse a generally sandy bottom. Additional structure includes an old pipe system that extends a ways offshore and seems to attract an abundance of critters. Last weekend we saw a good variety of common south FL tropical fish as well as lobster, a shovelnose guitarfish (AKA - shovelnose shark) and several eels.

Max depth is about 20 feet.

If you have been out of the while for a while this is a great dive to knock the dust off your gear and tune up for the summer season.

Located at 3601 N. Ocean Dr., Hollywood, FL 33019

From I-95 take the Sheridan exit east go over A1A until to hit the ocean - back up a bit -the park entrance is directly ahead across A1A. The park entrance fee is $3-$4 per car.

PM me for more details and be sure to let me know your are coming so we can catch up. We may even get a little cookout going.

hIYA
Not sure if I can make it or not, but I am interested! Probably not on Saturday (Hermit Crab is hosting a sleepover!!!) however if I can find a sitter for Hermit Crab, I might be able to make it after church.
What part of the parking lot will you be at? Has the vis cleared up much since the renourishing? I haven't been to Hollywood in a long time cause of the vis.

WetDawg:
Heading down to Hollywood North Beach Park this weekend with a couple open water students.

Any Scubaboarders who would like to try a nice easy beach dive are welcome to come along.

We plan to get in the water around 1PM(ish) on Saturday and Sunday for 2 dives each day.

The bottom structure here is a gentle slope down to a 2' - 4' ledge about 175 yards offshore. Patch reef and sea fans intersperse a generally sandy bottom. Additional structure includes an old pipe system that extends a ways offshore and seems to attract an abundance of critters. Last weekend we saw a good variety of common south FL tropical fish as well as lobster, a shovelnose guitarfish (AKA - shovelnose shark) and several eels.

Max depth is about 20 feet.

If you have been out of the while for a while this is a great dive to knock the dust off your gear and tune up for the summer season.

Located at 3601 N. Ocean Dr., Hollywood, FL 33019

From I-95 take the Sheridan exit east go over A1A until to hit the ocean - back up a bit -the park entrance is directly ahead across A1A. The park entrance fee is $3-$4 per car.

PM me for more details and be sure to let me know your are coming so we can catch up. We may even get a little cookout going.

I went out this monday with marvel by lbts, and the visibility was probably the worst I have seen it, aside from the sand, there was red tide. I hope it clears up quick.

I think I might be able to meet up with ya'll! Do you plan on doing a single dive, or should I bring a couple of tanks?

I can't confirm that I'll be there yet, but hopefully I can work it out and I'll let you know.

Thanks for the invite.

edit: Never mind, I just saw that you mentioned it would be 2 dives each day. 2 tanks it is then!

Man, I'd love to join you guys. It's just that I'm 800 miles away...

Good diving, safe diving to all,
Grier

Last Saturday the wind was blowing hard but out of the west which actually tends to push the waves down in this area. Surf was knee high and the water ctrystal clear inshore. Viz beyond the first sandbar was around 20 feet. No red tide at all.

I'd like to try the shore diving there sometime, I'll watch for future dives later
in the season. With the 80 degree temps in the forecast I'm planning on some boating
but will get over that way for some shore diving very soon !

Kevin

Can't make Saturday- I have to work but if you twist my arm hard enough, I could be talked into Sunday! Jen-ny? Wanna dive YOUR turf for once? :D

Thanks for the invite dude, I wish I can also get out but I am finnishing up my fence and home upgrades this weekend from Ms Wilma when she was looking for Fred. I hope to get back out in the next few weeks....

Enjoy the dive if you get out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom