Homemade SCUBA Lift Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jelly can + weight belt = problem solve :)
Please correct me. I am new here.

What about the connection between the lift strap and where it connects to the bag? I would assume that this connection point needs to be strong enough to hold the amount of weight that the bag is capable of lifting without ripping out. What about getting two or more 1" nylon lifting straps with several hundred lb ratings and forming a basket. Then your lift bag bladder could go inside the basket you formed with the straps and the weight is fully supported. It would be possible to make bags capable of lifting hundreds of lbs. safely.

Jelly can + weight belt = problem solve :)
Please correct me. I am new here.
Maybe I don't know what you want to do with the jelly can, but I think you solved the wrong problem. This thread is about a DIY lift bag to float heavy objects to the surface.

Oh... maybe that was auto-corrected from "jerry can"; THAT I could see working, although it's a tad bulky to bring down stored in a pocket!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom