Honest Answer only: What DONT You like about the BP/Wings Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing I didn't like about my BP and Wings were:

*Harness was a pain to adjust.

*I had to wear my weightbelt over or under the rig - making it bulky around my waist and add complexity of having TWO waist buckles. I didn't want to spend $150 for weight integrated pockets.

*Missed pockets on my BC.

*Didn't like how the shoulder straps would 'cut' into me if we got delayed in getting 'in' the water.

What I DID like was:

*Modular design.

* Ease of going to doubles later and keeping same BP and harness.

*Easy to pack to travel with.

*Less bulk than a BC.

*Lighter in weight than my BC.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go the OMS IQ harness, SS B/P, weighted Koplin STA, and wings. Honestly, I'd probably go the OMS Bungee wings just because I think there are cool, and because I hate the color balck so much. Wish Halcyon would make red wings!

Scuba446 once bubbled...
What I DID like was:

*Modular design.

* Ease of going to doubles later and keeping same BP and harness.

*Easy to pack to travel with.

*Less bulk than a BC.

*Lighter in weight than my BC.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go the OMS IQ harness, SS B/P, weighted Koplin STA, and wings. Honestly, I'd probably go the OMS Bungee wings just because I think there are cool, and because I hate the color balck so much. Wish Halcyon would make red wings!

Well, no wonder you love your Synchro Power Tech. It has exactly none of those advantages.

Well, no wonder you love your Synchro Power Tech. It has exactly none of those advantages.
It looks so dang "tech" with all those d-rings! Shoot, even some of the d-rings have d-rings...

At the dive site:
Q: "And what's that d-ring for?"
A: "Oh, that's to attach this other d-ring to."
Q: "And what's the d-ring attached to that other d-ring for"
A: "Dunno... to attach another d-ring?"

Scuba446 once bubbled...
Honestly, I'd probably go the OMS Bungee wings just because I think they are cool, and because I hate the color black so much.

Scuba...(May I call you by your first name?) I agree 100%, I think "cool" and "color" are too often overlooked when buying dive gear. I laugh at some of the people on this board that evaluate; "efficiency", "reliability", "redundancy", "efficacy", etc etc.
I mean if a feature has too many sylables who the heck needs it, know what I mean?

Honestly, I recently bought a Uwatec SmartCom because the white compass looks cool. Later this month I plan to get Nitrox certified because I love saying "NITROX". That word ROCKS! It even rhymes with "ROCKS"! Also the green color of the Nitrox stickers and is way better than other colors.

I feel sorry for those divers that have black wings. I mean sometimes I feel sorry and sometimes it's pity. I mean if you can't afford or find red wings...stay out of my ocean...know what I mean? Last year this guy with black wings was giving me the OOA sign and I just swam away from his bungie-less ass as fast as I could! I mean Jeez!

Maybe you can help me select a new wetsuit. When diving in water that is about 70 degrees...should I choose black with blue trim or black with yellow trim?

Mouth Breather once bubbled...

Scuba...I agree 100%, I think "cool" and "color" are too often overlooked when buying dive gear. I laugh at some of the people on this board that evaluate; "efficiency", "reliability", "redundancy" etc etc.
I mean if a feature has too many sylables who the heck needs it, know what I mean?

Honestly, I recently bought a Uwatec SmartCom because the white compass looks cool. Later this month I plan to get Nitrox certified because I love saying "NITROX". That word ROCKS! It even rhymes with "ROCKS"! Also the green color of the Nitrox stickers and is way better than other colors like black. Man, I feel sorry for those divers that have black wings.

Maybe you can help me select a new wetsuit. When diving in water that is about 70 degrees...should I choose black with blue trim or black with yellow trim?

ROFL...man, now that's funny.

:giggle: :rolling: :yea:

...the stickers are the really important thing. I just grabbed some when nobody was looking and pasted them on all my stuff because they are so cool looking. I have them all over my bumper too.

O-ring once bubbled...
...the stickers are the really important thing. I just grabbed some when nobody was looking and pasted them on all my stuff because they are so cool looking. I have them all over my bumper too.

O-Ring, I wish I had thought of that, you are the God of Cool!

O-ring once bubbled...
I have them all over my bumper too.
Damn! Your car is O2 clean?

Gotta find a nitrox compatible mask... wish I'd bought the black and green Cressi-Sub Big Eyes now instead of the black and blue... ;-0

Now this guy is the nitrox master...if only I could get that many stickers!

Looks like he's about to land on Mars! Is that an accident waiting to happen, or what?

Back
Top Bottom