Honeymoon Trip Sept 16-20, 2007 in FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jham2081

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

My fiance and I are talking over options about our honey moon and I was wondering how risky it would be to go to a resort around Orlando, FL during the previously mentioned week. Do you think it is stupid to risk that extra stress if a hurricane happens to be floating around during that time? Or do you think its not that big of a deal.

My fiance isn't a diver (i am), so this is more a question of time of year than it is good diving conditions.

Thanks,
Jason

Edited to change "an idea" to "a deal" in the last sentance.

I'm not sure i'd worry about it...Orlando is not even on the coast so worst case scenario you get one rainy day. Check out the Loews Portofino Bay hotel in Orlando it is the best hotel I've ever stayed out.

Cheers.

-J.-

johnny_bravo:
I'm not sure i'd worry about it...Orlando is not even on the coast so worst case scenario you get one rainy day. Check out the Loews Portofino Bay hotel in Orlando it is the best hotel I've ever stayed out.

Cheers.

-J.-

funny you mentioned that. I live in Orlando and was here when the 3 hurricanes went thru a few years ago. i ended up checking into the portofino bay hotel when i couldn't take another day without power in my house...and loved it!

but that was an abnormal year and we really dont get the storms here.

so my point...even if you do- by some odd chance- have a hurricane come celebrate your honeymoon with you, wherever you choose to stay will be just fine - the theme park areas are up and back to normal within hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom