Hooded vest over wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanx hank, and liger..
well, i live in kuwait, its like 45c+ most of the time in the summer, and at night its like 40c
so im more adopted to heat. i ordered bare 7mm elastek hooded shorties with a zipper.

about the dry suit. trust me, i am thinking alot about it. but its still too early for me. would be fun to dive in winter :p so i need to make some savings. "shrugs"
thanx everyone for the advice ^^

I have been diving in cold water down to 42 off of New Jersey, I wear a 7mm, with a 5mm shortie and a 5mm hooded vest. That configuration is works, but the layers have to be very snug to avoid any water pockets or sudden flows. the configuration of multiple layers can be more flexible for different situations and temperatures than a drysuit, also cheaper. Of course, depth and dive time may also be factors favoring dry over wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom