Hose Fittings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
I'd like to make an adapter to fill my SMB from my LP inflator hose. Something like a T with a air valve like you fill tires with. Does anyone know where I can find male and female adapters to go in line with LP inflator hose?

A closed curcuit bag normally has what amounts to an LP inflator fitting without the locking function. In operation it is sort of a press and fill arrangement where the buoyant bag floats off the LP hose without dragging the diver up with it.

I am not real clear on what you require.

Adding a T of any type in the LP hose ads a level of complexity and potential for failure that may not be desireable.

I have used a separate LP inflator hose with a tilt valve type of filler attachment on a 1/4 NPT to LP quick disconnect adpater. The valve can be stored in a pocket and plugged into the LP hose only when needed to prevent any unintentional air loss. PLus, the streamlined design of the attachment makes it virtually impossible for it to get caught on the bag or line as could happen with an attachment utilizing a lever of some type.

An adapter to connect 1/4 NPT threaded accessories to an LP quick disconnect should be stocked at most dive shops and will run $3.00-$5.00. Trident sells all sorts of adapters so if the shop does not stock it, they should be able to get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom