Hose protectors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:

The bend in the stage HP hose is fine. It stays in that position so the fitting is not repetitively stressed. Hose protectors protect against the bending and unbending that can occur over time. They are worth it for fresh water and helpful if diligent in saltwater.

Vie:
...—I still use the soft Oceanic type. They do lessen the strain and can prolong hose life....
Ditto on the Oceanic hose protectors; they're minimalistic & soft enough that they can easily be manipulated for proper hose & fitting care.
The "regular kind" tend to promote bad habits.

My response was really more about the poster worried about sharp bends when packing. The link was just an illustration. The constant bending and unbendning is really the only reason to use these things. I used to use them but as you mentioned the word diligent, I would be the type to probably not deal with it if hidden. Since taking these things off my regs, I check the hoses more often and replace them as necessary.

RTodd:
The bend in the stage HP hose is fine. It stays in that position so the fitting is not repetitively stressed. Hose protectors protect against the bending and unbending that can occur over time. They are worth it for fresh water and helpful if diligent in saltwater.

Dan Gibson:
My response was really more about the poster worried about sharp bends when packing. The link was just an illustration. The constant bending and unbendning is really the only reason to use these things. I used to use them but as you mentioned the word diligent, I would be the type to probably not deal with it if hidden. Since taking these things off my regs, I check the hoses more often and replace them as necessary.
I find myself checking the hose connections more often when I’m forced to slide the protectors down than when they’re always in front of me.

StSomewhere:
Is there somehwere I can buy the soft Oceanic protectors?

Any Oceanic/Aeris dealer will have them. ScubaToys is another option.

Larry has his own store logo protector. It is only $1 each. Yeah, it is a soft protector.

How do you slide a hose protector onto a hose? I swapped something out on my regulator and would like to put the protector back on.

Phil

How do you slide a hose protector onto a hose? I swapped something out on my regulator and would like to put the protector back on.

Phil

Try microwaving the hose protector in a tall coffee cup filled with water until the water is just below boiling. Drain carefully.

When warmed in this way, the hose protector will go on quite easily.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom