Hose Routing with Poseidon Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppo2_diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have two Poseidon regulators that I will be using on my doubles. I've got the Odin/Jetstream model 3960 and 2960. I'm planning on using the 3960 for the left post and the 2960 on the right. I've got an OMS wing with a redundant bladder. My problem is how do I route the hoses for the two inflators and the dry suit inflator hose? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Duane

One inflator from each first stage - left post for the primary inflator. Drysuit from the right post. (You want your drysuit on the opposite post as your primary inflator.) That way, if you have to shut down a valve, you still have one inflator plus possibly your drysuit.

Some argue that the redundant hose should be left unattached to the inflator, but secured close to it so that it can be easily attached if/when needed. I don’t yet know how I feel about this, so I won’t comment on it.

jhnsndn:
I have two Poseidon regulators that I will be using on my doubles. I've got the Odin/Jetstream model 3960 and 2960. I'm planning on using the 3960 for the left post and the 2960 on the right. I've got an OMS wing with a redundant bladder. My problem is how do I route the hoses for the two inflators and the dry suit inflator hose? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Duane
you only attach one inflater hose to the primary side of the wing. leaving the redundant side off. you can't fill both bladders at the same time anyway, and you don't want the redundant side filling itself because of a bad inflater valve

On the right post, there will be the dry suit inflator, redundant wing inflator, backup 2nd stage and SPG. On the 2960, there is only two LP ports on each "side" of the reg. That would mean I would have to have a hose on the "top" of the reg. Assuming it is attached horizontally to the tank valve. This doesn't look the cleanest. Would it be better to position the 1st stage at an angle to get better hose routing so the hoses aren't sticking up? I'm thinking this might work out better.

jhnsndn:

Duane

FIrst let me start off that I love poseidon regs and when I dive Open circuit they are my regs of choice.. Now as much as I like the poseidon 2nd stages (my choice is the thor/cyclon) get rid of one of them and get a normal down stream reg to add onto one of the poseidon firsts and have it and the 1st stage adjusted to work together.

You are probably think why the H#ll would I want to do that.. Poseidon second are upstream valves and they require back pressure to shut flow off.. In an emergency situation if it ever comes down to you really draining your tanks once the pressure gets to somewhere around 150-200 psi (remember I sad this was an emergency) you will almost instantly drain whats left in your tanks since the second stage that you last took a breath off will generally freefow.. (on a set of twins 200 psi with 98s is still 15 cu ft of gas)

jhnsndn:
On the right post, there will be the dry suit inflator, redundant wing inflator, backup 2nd stage and SPG. On the 2960, there is only two LP ports on each "side" of the reg. That would mean I would have to have a hose on the "top" of the reg. Assuming it is attached horizontally to the tank valve. This doesn't look the cleanest. Would it be better to position the 1st stage at an angle to get better hose routing so the hoses aren't sticking up? I'm thinking this might work out better.
you always have the option of manually inflating the redundant side of the wing ( blowing it up) so you really don't NEED that hose.

Ahhh...my kind of thread. Poseidon Junkies!! :)

I love my Poseidons. I use a Jetstream and an X-Stream.

On my left, I've got my Jetstream. It has my SPG and my BC inflator hose attached. On my right is my X-Stream, and it has my drysuit hose and my 7' hose attached. They work great and route really nice and clean.

jhnsndn:

Duane

I use my 3750 on my left post... jetstream (necklaced)/ SPG/ back up drysuit inflator straight down and a 12 inch hose for my pwr inflator up (yes, up... I have shortened my corragated hose and the inflator now sits just to the left of my face, not in the way of stages, and very easy to reach).
I use my 2940 on my right post... jetstream (7' hose)/ SPG/ drysuit inflator straight down.

Hoppyinhi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom