Hotel Cozumel Resort and Dive Paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI has stopped recommending Dive Paradise Dive Op because of too many diver complaints. " we stopped using them because too many people were complaining about them and two PADI workers observed some serious stuff with them" Also, they were asked if they would keep an eye on a new diver that had just completed cert and they said, no, she can hire her own DM but we will not watch her.

Fin59:
Maggs, your countdown timer looks great......HAVE FUN!

boy did we ever have fun!

i don't know, maybe i'm easy to please, but we had a great experience all the way around. the food was good. that was the BEST grilled grouper i've ever had and the pico de gallo... oh my GOD the guacamole!! our divemaster, Mike, was closing in on his 1000th dive so we continued to request him as our dive master.... had him the entire trip and loved every minute.. well, there was one point where the currents were way too strong and were pushing us close to a wall where the drop was about 300 meters and we had to do some serious kicking to get out of there, but we did and we went back later that week to an exceptional dive at the Santa Rosa Wall. Hotel Cozumel was perfect for us. they cater to divers and have the balconys set up with hooks and such to hang gear on. the tunnel to cross the street was nice and having the lockers was a plus. we met 2 couples who were just as excited as we were and i truly have no complaints. the nightly entertainment was kinda cheesy but we had fun making fun of it, and we definately got our food and drinks worth out of the all-inclusive. far enough away from the plaza to be out of the bad traffic, but close enough to walk for shopping and partying. we only made it to the plaza twice... we were just that satisfied with the diving and the hotel and the good company we found.

i have other places to visit, but when i go back to Coz, i'll go back to Hotel Coz and use Dive Paradise

Fin59:
Maggs, so glad you had such a great trip. Time to start planning your next trip now!

Thanks Fin... I'm still swaying with the boat so it's hard to think, much less plan another trip just yet.. ha! but, oh yes, it will be planned... I sure hope your trip to Cozumel is just as great as ours was. Say hello to that big black grouper in the cenote by Santa Rosa wall for me! ha!

Maggs,

Glad you had a great time and are "easily pleased" hard not to have a great time, eating and diving. I liked the balconies too. You're right the entertainment was cheezy, but it was fun and the kids that performed gave it their all.

Cozumel, Hotel Cozumel and Dive Paradise are our yearly X-mas present to each other !

4 more days and back in the water Yahoo !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom