Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdog:
hmmmm....every trip to town to the square from Hotel Coz cost us $5...........

How many people did you have inthe cab?

That cab right shouldn't be more than $3 for 2 people. If it was, then you paid more than the published rate.

Gdog:
hmmmm....every trip to town to the square from Hotel Coz cost us $5...........

If there were only two of you, you got overcharged. From the central hotel zone (down to Villablanca or maybe even La Ceiba) to town the fare is 35 pesos for one or two persons. From Caribe Blu, we consistently paid three bucks to Chedraui and $4 to the Plaza. That was two weeks ago, and was the same as it has been for at least a couple of years.

Off topic:

Anyone know off hand how much it is from Fiesta Americana?

94GTStang:
Off topic:

Anyone know off hand how much it is from Fiesta Americana?
When we were then a year and a half ago it was consistently $5 or $6 dollars. I guess it depends on the driver, though we never paid more than $6.

rje634:
When we were then a year and a half ago it was consistently $5 or $6 dollars. I guess it depends on the driver, though we never paid more than $6.
Thanks for the info. That's not that much considering. Though I still want to rent a car but I'm undecided for how long to rent it.

94GTStang:
Thanks for the info. That's not that much considering. Though I still want to rent a car but I'm undecided for how long to rent it.
If you want to go to the beaches on the other side of the island having a car is a bonus.. We usually save money by using taxis rather than renting a car. On a day where you only go to town once that $12 against the fee of a rental car. Just my opinion... Have fun.

Yea... it was like $75 for one day with insurance from Hotel Cozumel. It was fun going to the other side of the island, but I think they fished our rental car out of the ocean.

Our rental last year was pretty neat, never driven a 4 speed that you didn't need to use the clutch, ..................it was gone!! ..............But it really only had two gears, clunk and groan. I should have taught my better half to drive a clutch that day!!

Good point.....there were 4 of us......so I have to say that $5 was good for 2 couples..although it was interesting fitting into some of the taxis!!
When we stayed at Fiesta Americana, it was $6 into the square....

PS.....what is the news on Fiesta Americana..opening date, and is the Pool Restaurant open yet? They hadnt started on the Palapa yet when we were in Coz Jan 14th....

Also....Christi.....having a Jones for some of those Sonora Grill Sonora Shrimp....mmmm
they were incredible!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom