Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gdog:
ggunn....thanks for posting the taxi info...very informative...wish I would have had that prior to my last trip there.....!!!

De nada...

pa diver:
Our rental last year was pretty neat, never driven a 4 speed that you didn't need to use the clutch, ..................it was gone!! ..............But it really only had two gears, clunk and groan. I should have taught my better half to drive a clutch that day!!
Perhaps you got our car too? :D

Last car I rented in Coz lacked handles to roll up the windows. And of course, it rained. I can't imagine not having a clutch.

Where is the Hotel Cozumel in relation to Chedraui? Threre is hotel across the street from Chedraui that is a high rise and looks very nice. It's next door to some condos? I always thought that was Hotel Cozumel, but now I'm not sure.

I'm not interested in AI or any hotel remotely like the Fiesta Americana (sorry, but I hated it). I usually stay at the Casa Mexicana, but something bad has happened to the pillows and beds. They've always been hard, but now seem harder. And the pillows are all lumpy like they were drenched and then dried out and sanitized.

redhatmama:
Last car I rented in Coz lacked handles to roll up the windows. And of course, it rained. I can't imagine not having a clutch.

Where is the Hotel Cozumel in relation to Chedraui? Threre is hotel across the street from Chedraui that is a high rise and looks very nice. It's next door to some condos? I always thought that was Hotel Cozumel, but now I'm not sure. That is the new Palace Hotel...El Cantil is next door (condos)

I'm not interested in AI or any hotel remotely like the Fiesta Americana (sorry, but I hated it). I usually stay at the Casa Mexicana, but something bad has happened to the pillows and beds. They've always been hard, but now seem harder. And the pillows are all lumpy like they were drenched and then dried out and sanitized.

Hotel cozumel is a little farther south.....you can go non AI at Hotel Cozumel...but some of their beds are hard as well....we stayed there and ended up in a room with a new mattress and an egg crate on top it was so comfy...I would sleep on their hard beds if I could be there now.:D

Thanks parrothead. Palace Hotel, got it. Didn't it used to be the Brisas or something like that? I'm not sure if they are open because I saw construction a couple of weeks ago. We dived with a couple on a boat who sang the Palace's praises last year.

Sure, I'd rather be in a hard bed than no bed in Cozumel. Who in their right mind wouldn't. :)

redhatmama:
Thanks parrothead. Palace Hotel, got it. Didn't it used to be the Brisas or something like that? I'm not sure if they are open because I saw construction a couple of weeks ago. We dived with a couple on a boat who sang the Palace's praises last year.

Sure, I'd rather be in a hard bed than no bed in Cozumel. Who in their right mind wouldn't. :)

The Palace was Plaza las Glorias up until about a year ago; Hotel Cozumel was once Brisas, and has had several other names.

Gee, I'd wish they stop changing names all the time. Am I wrong or do the hotels seem to change names every year or so?

I think that I stayed at Hotel Cozumel when it was called Costa Club around 2001.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom