Hotel near airport before liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What’s a good hotel near the airport to stay before boat? Thanks!

Century Blvd - close enough that some
Folks walk to LAX - if they have time and want a little exercise. Shuttles from/to hotel - sure.

Loyalty program drives my choice - Marriott - it’s ok an airport hotel

Century Blvd - close enough that some
Folks walk to LAX - if they have time and want a little exercise. Shuttles from/to hotel - sure.

Loyalty program drives my choice - Marriott - it’s ok an airport hotel
LA as in Liveaboard. :wink: I updated the title.

We stayed in one of the cheap downtown hotels, I don't remember which one, and it was OK for a night but not that nice. However, on the return we also needed an overnight and we decided to spend the money and stay at the HulHule Island Hotel; it was terrific, and really convenient, and had an airport shuttle. The problem was we were there during Ramadan (never again!) so lots of things were closed or operating poorly, and everybody was grumpy.

ADDED: the hotle we stayed at in Male was the Surf View. We booked through Agoda.

What’s a good hotel near the airport to stay before boat? Thanks!

In 2017, we stayed at Ripple Beach Inn, and in 2021 we stayed at h78 at Hulhumale.
Our preference is Ripple Beach because it's close to the beach. Which made it convenient to do some snorkeling and we had an ocean view.

We stayed in H78, a nice enough place but the transfers took forever and the room was too small for us to open our dive bags at the same time. We have stayed in HIH too, which was at better.

I also stayed at the H78 this past February. For an overnight, it is fine. Or search for something more suitable to your needs in Hulhumale. I would avoid Male altogether.

Back
Top Bottom