Hotel near airport before liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also stayed at the H78 this past February. For an overnight, it is fine. Or search for something more suitable to your needs in Hulhumale. I would avoid Male altogether.

Get in at 6am and get on the boat the next day so only a day and night. H78 looks fine for that. Is Hulhumale less busy than Male?

@scubaNYC16

Male is a mass of humanity on a very small island.

It's an interesting place to visit if you want to see what the capital of the Maldives (and everything that entails) is like.

If you have a full day, you might want to consider booking one night at one of the closer resorts. There are quite a number that are only 30 min or less away from the aiport by speedboat. This way you can relax, etc. for the day you have... they can manage the transfer there and back easily...

Or the airport hotel isn't bad (where a number of the air crews spend the night if they have to overnight before a flight out). Hulehule, 3-5 min from the airport.

I was in Male in 2010 and 2012 prior to liveaboard trips and couldn't wait to get out of there. Male back then looked very third-world - don't know about now. Hulhumale, - or at least the area near the H78 - looks urban but modern, less busy/less crowded and more quiet. The other plus is that it is at most a 10 minute ride from the airport, altho if I am not mistaken, I think I saw that there is now a bridge that links Male to the airport.

And FWIW, I'd never tried a Chili Chicken sandwich before until this last trip. I could live on that for at least a week.

Back
Top Bottom