Hotels near to Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone local to this area suggest a decent hotel near to Ginnie Springs. Near to meaning inside 25 mile radius. Just need a place for a couple of divers to flop for a night then make a run for Jacksonville airport. Checking Trip Advisor has not been much help. Clean accomidations and friendly mamagement are our only requirements.

thanks

High Springs Country Inn....

Very big affordable rooms w/ free wi-fi.....

We usually stay at the Country Inn in High Springs. It is an old motel but fairly clean. I think rooms are 50 or 60, and they are spacious. Across the street is the Cadillac but I have never stayed there. Travel time to Ginnie and CE East is less than 15 minutes.

I have been staying in Lake City for 10+ years because it is centrally located to Madison,Peacock,Little River,and Ginnie;has a lot of motel choices,and many different food choices.

Google Rustic Inn in High Springs - small, rural setting, only 5 or 6 well decorated rooms, very clean and quiet.

Jusy got back from Ginnie, we made the 20 minute drive and stayed in Gainsville.....more options there.

I did the same two weeks ago staying at the Best Western Grande on exit 390 (10 min fron High Springs). The $40.00 up-grade from that charged by the High Springs Country Inn has been the best additional money expenditure decision I have made to date. :)

Last edited:
We stayed at High Springs Country Inn a couple of weeks ago. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The first night we got there they didn't have a room, so we stayed at the Cadillac. The only good thing I can say about this motel was that I didn't see any 8 legged creatures go running when I turned on the lights and the refrigerator worked.
While we were in High Springs, we met Wayne Kinard at Amigos Dive Center. He has a fairly nice trailer with internet access that he rents to divers. It was something like $25 a night per diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom