Housing for Canon HV20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I called Equinox yesterday and spent some time asking questions about their product. The person I talked to was friendly and obviously knew his product well. However, I'm going to buy an Ikelite housing and this is why: I asked about the lighting systems (I'm diving the Northeast, and lots of dives, past 100', are quite dark), and I was told that the battery for their 'mini aqua light' is a 6 lbs lead acid battery attached to the tank. I see two problems with that:
1 - My buoyancy is going to be quite changed in the wrong direction - I already have steel tanks, negatively buoyant -
2 - I usually do not jump in the water with my camera, but instead wait for the boat crew to hand it to me. How am I going to connect the battery to the housing when already in the water with my dry gloves etc ?

Dive safely everyone!
Michel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom