housing for Powershot s5 is

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
has anyone seen a housing for this? I've confirmed with Canon (and endless searching) that they don't make one. Ikelite makes one but it's over $700!
I have recently learned there are other manufacturers but I'm not finding anything. any thoughts?

I too have an S5IS and the only WP case I have been able to find is the same one you found. I have concluded it would be better to get an SD 790 and a canon case. This way you have a reasonably good,
compact underwater camera and save a couple of hundred $ as well.
Pete

thanks Pete, I was evaluating something like that....I've been looking a little up the chain in $ at the G10 though there's so many mixed reviews....I like the compacts for the value - you can get some great shots for a low comparable investment. however, on land, I like some of the control I get from my S5 IS and the G10. Got stuff to think about. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom