housing for s110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the Ikelite housing for the S90 and loved that I could easily work the buttons with gloves on and had no issues with it. I also purchased the canon housing for my S95, and comparably, it worked well but I used it in warm water conditions without gloves. In my opinion, both work so go with your price point.

I've had good luck with my S95 and Canon housing. The knob on the top of the housing quit working and Canon replaced the housing quickly--I've had no further problems. I have several hundred dives on this housing without flooding. I use the internal flash on the S95 and Canon housing which works well for a small flash unit. I have a number of years experience with external Ikelite strobes and even though they've gotten sooo much smaller, I just don't care to haul it all around. I am considering updating to the Canon S120 and Canon housing. Are there housings available other than Canon that allow one to use the internal strobe?

Or, for that matter; any housings for the Sony RX100 and newer that do the same?

Thanks

I think to use the internal strobe you need a clear housing like the Ikelite. That's what I have and it comes with a diffuser for the internal strobe.

I have just wasted £180 on two Meikon housings for the S110 (and £65 for a new rear screen). They are not a dedicated mould for the S110, they are a modified S95 housing. The buttons do not align correctly with the camera, the zoom button does not engage at all, and on closing the case it broke the rear screen of the camera. Avoid this housing.

I have just wasted £180 on two Meikon housings for the S110 (and £65 for a new rear screen). They are not a dedicated mould for the S110, they are a modified S95 housing. The buttons do not align correctly with the camera, the zoom button does not engage at all, and on closing the case it broke the rear screen of the camera. Avoid this housing.

Wondering if possibly you somehow got the wrong housing? I have the Meikon S110, and my camera fit in the housing well.. It and me have almost done 100 dives now.. The only issue I had with it was because it has a 67mm threaded port, the internal strobe casts a real bad shadow.. so I was forced to get an external strobe as well..

Hsinhai

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom