Hovering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 Mil wetsuit.

a 12 liter Short/fat tank

A jacket BC.

Again I seem to have no problem at all while swimming. As has been suggested I am almost certainly compensating as I move.

As has also been suggested, this must use up more energy & therefore air.

I was wearing a weight belt, and as far as I remember the weights were on the back of the belt. I'll try moving them more forward next time.

Dave.

PS I would imagine that if I could float horizontally without any finning, or waving my hands, then I would be perfectly balanced. I can however see the point regarding wet suits compressing at depth. 8-(

where do you have your weights on your back, how much weight are you carrying there and on the belt?

As far as equipment, is this your own equipment, and you want to keep it? There are some other types that would help you out quite a bit. (bp/wings)

If the bc is slipping around, common with jackets, and the weight belt is slipping, this will hurt buoyancy/trim considerably.

Don't ever use your arms/hands for stability. They just give you the illusion you are doing something, while increasing stress as they cannot do much of anything.

Keep the hands interlocked and close to your belly, or outstretched in front of you so they do not increase drag.

Tommy

I edited the previous msg. It now reads that the weights were on the back of the weight belt. Not "on my back" which was misleading.

D.

Back
Top Bottom