How cold is it by you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Friday when it was something like -17° F in the northeast, I irritated my friends and relatives there by posting on FaceBook the conditions here in ski country Colorado. I told them that an unusual overnight cold snap had created enough frost to delay our tee time by 20 minutes, and we had to wear light jackets or vests over our golf shirts to ward off the cold. (All true, BTW.)

Now, it did get nippy over the weekend, and it did snow, which created great conditions when my wife and I took our grandson skiing. Today is is currently in the high 40s, and we are supposed to hit 50° F in the afternoon.

it's warmed up to 56F right now... has yet to hit the 60s. weekend should be in the mid 70s though.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2014 at 01:35 PM ----------

it's warmed up to 56F right now... has yet to hit the 60s. weekend should be in the mid 70s though.
i actually had to dig out gloves & hat and a sweater to wear under my fleece jacket.

-9º F (-22.7º C) at 6:00 AM. It's 2:15 PM and it's warmed all the way up to 2º F (-16.6º C). I've been in colder (Alaska, Vermont, and Antarctica), but jeeeeez, this is Ohio. Tomorrow's high is expected to be 25º F (-3.8º C); Woohoo! Break out the shorts and flip-flops!

It's 0 in Chicago--warmest it's been since Sunday afternoon. It was -14 this morning, -16 yesterday morning, and never got above -6 yesterday. And piles of snow.
whoever ordered this weather should send it back!

73F here in Honolulu, a bit cooler at 70F at home in Lanikai. I wish I was back in NYC enjoying the winter weather.

63F this morning in Belize City. That's really cold for here. Supposed to warm back up to mid 80s tomorrow. I have on two long sleeve T shirts and a short sleeve. AND, long pants.

11F now 3PM, and was 6F early this morning. Wind chill factor produces much lower sub zero readings. The only positive in all this is the possibility that the Pine Beetle threat to the Pinelands may be reduced. It takes very low temps to kill these creatures, which have been spreading northwards into southern New Jersey's vast and wonderfully pristine pine forest preserve as average temps have increased steadily over the past several decades.

11F now 3PM, and was 6F early this morning. Wind chill factor produces much lower sub zero readings. The only positive in all this is the possibility that the Pine Beetle threat to the Pinelands may be reduced. It takes very low temps to kill these creatures, which have been spreading northwards into southern New Jersey's vast and wonderfully pristine pine forest preserve as average temps have increased steadily over the past several decades.

Leave it to agility to see the good in this freeze :)

67º Here in my office and with the windchill, still 67º Brrr... I need a thicker sweatshirt :D
Precipitation: 0.0" Humidity: 66% Pressure: 30.23 inches & Visibility is only at 10 feet as I can't see past the wall on the other side of my window.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom