How deep would you go to save someone..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squicker

Registered
Reaction score
How deep would you go to save someone who was close to you?

and How deep would you go to save someone you didn't know?

ps. you're diving air.

75m
50m

If it was my wife, as deep as it took or die trying. If it was someone I didn't know, as deep as I could go and still safely return.

What Tobagoman said, with inclusion of my kids (who don't dive yet) with wife....

I,am in with these two.

My fiance...as deep as it took. A friend...in freshwater about 224'. Some random person...depends on my mood and how I felt chasing them down.

Tobagoman said it pretty well, for my kids I would go as far as necessary, for someone I didn't know I would go as deep as gas would permit, 1.6ATA or a best guess of what deco I might have to do.
Of course how someone got that deep would be a factor too. If some clown on the boat was saying that he wanted to hit 300' on an Al80, he is on his own.

TT :wink:

For my Hubby,Kids or Parents, then there is no question, as deep as was needed.
For someone I didn't know, then I definately wouldn't put myself in any danger.
This is quite a tough question, 'cause it's oh so easy to say what we would do, but if faced with it, we would probably all do differently.

For someone I care about? As deep as it took. I carry extra air for a reason.

For someone I don't know? Pretty deep, at least till I figured I could not make it back safely.

For someone I do not like, and have no responsibility for? How much is their gear worth on Ebay?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom