How do I dive Santa Barbara Island???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoyed my Coronado Islands trip on the Humboldt last spring, but the majority of the sea lions must have been off visiting other places. I only had a few that did quick "fly-by's".

Finally took the time to watch ScubaNoey's video. Wow, nice!

-AZTinman

[youtubehq]D6F3UqWsNA4[/youtubehq]

Coronados have been good for sea lions and seals but Anacapa is generally a better overall experience...imo..can be spectacular in Fall.

Not sure if they're possible to dive recreationally, but I know as of 5-6 years ago most of my sealion encounters were on the "E" series of oil platforms off Huntington Beach. I came within an ace of taking a rolled-up newspaper down with me just to keep them in line; getting rushed, buzzed, and in one instance bitten (what I would term a "play" bite with no injury resulting, but still disconcerting) while trying to work got old eventually.

Hey guys! Reporting back from my trip. I ended up doing one day on the Spectre at Santa Cruz, sadly no sea lions there, but I did another day on the Humboldt to Lobster Shack in the Coronado Islands and saw hundreds! Thanks so much for the advice, you guys made this bucket list dive happen :) facebook.jpg

Wow, Freaking Awesome :)

I could almost hear you giggling like a little school girl through the bubbles.. LOL.
The visibility looks great and wow all those sea lions.

Glad you had a great trip.

IrnBear

Back
Top Bottom