how do i remove scratches from sapphire crystal on D6i?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi.
there are pastes meant for filling scratches. Success depends on how deep it is and how clean. We don't offer those so I'd ask in a decent watch store with some experience. That's my personal advice though...
As for the prevention: As already mentioned there are several options. I'd recommend the normal scratch guard that come with the device. These are the film protectors divesteve mentioned. For advanced protection I'd take the silicone shields... easy to attach and effective. The others are hard plastic which tend to move a little and might scratch the bezel over time...

I have had great success using the same protective covers used on phones. While it will not remove the scratch, the film makes the scratch much less visible. And just like for phones, they protect the face really well. For my Oceanics, I placed them on the face and removed those darn slightly elevated plastic covers that make the computers hard to read out of the water.

Measure the diameter of the crystal on your D6i (not sure if it's 35 or 37 mm). Then go Zagg website www.zagg.com, select and buy the correct round invisible shield that matches your computer crystal diameter (they cost about$ 10). I have had one of those on my Suunto Stinger for about 10 years with excellent results.

cant comment on scratchh removal but I can vouch for the zagg shield. I've used one on my oceanic geo for a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom