How do you carry your GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have my GoPro Hero2 mounted in the SRP Housing BlurFix & SRP Tray and I am using the Light and Motion Sola 1200 video light. I enjoy its simplicity!

IMG_0154.jpg

You can make simple diffuser of white plastic and put in front of your light head.

This is exactly what I've been thinking of doing with mine. Have you done this directly yourself? It makes sense to me with the right diffuser - glad to see someone else is thinking along the same lines.

I have my GoPro mounted to the top of my camera housing...so I can video while I'm taking photos :D

That's pretty much how mine is right now, but mine is on a Ikelite video housing.:shocked2:

Attachments

• iPhone Pics 788.jpg
    iPhone Pics 788.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 626
Yes, I have a Dragonsub Snake8 that I have done it with. But it steals effect and in dark conditions it is not enough light.
It is maybe best for photo/stills, that is easier to adjust in the digital darkroom.
I ended up buying a Sola1200 Video and considering one more.... to cover the whole lens on GoPro on wide.

I have my GoPro Hero 2 on a leash with a home made (PVC pipe cheap foam Bicycle grips, 1/4" Lexan, GoPro Tripod mount) handle with a hole drilled in it. Works great!
Gopro grip 002.jpgGopro grip 003.jpgGopro grip 001.jpg

63bc2375-ba95-4153.jpg

Like I carry everything else. Cave line / bolt snap. Clip it off and only have it in my hand when I'm shooting video.

I use a very similar method... except I'm usually wearing neoprene gloves... it's not the most accessible thing but I can grab it if I need to.

I seldom shoot video these days, nothing too exciting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom