How do you catch an octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gosh, really? I thought they mated with the crew, and moved to West Virginia.

I have no delusions about one animal having to die so another can survive. And, I agree, killing isn't easy (at least for most of us).

The issue here wasn't the death of the octopus. Or of a lobster. Or a squid, or a salmon, sow, steer, sturgeon, or swordfish. It was the bodaciously botched attempt at the slaughter (if in fact that was what it was *supposed* to be), and then the incredible audacity of posting it on YouTube as if an animal's extended suffering is synonymous with entertainment. That simply speaks to the character of the participants, and that, I believe, is what the OP and others (including myself) took exception with.

OK, I misunderstood what you were saying. I really thought that you were inferring that the holding tank was the end of it. My mistake for thinking that you were so naive about the reality of these things.

Good sarcastic comeback. And I agree with you completely, it does speak to the character of the participants and what really cheeses me off is that it tends to give people like myself, who do take their own seafood, a bad name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom