How do you pack your BP/Wings for Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTSkipper

Reaction score
I am getting ready to leave for FL and I was wondering how you pack your BP/Wings for travel. I want to make sure that the wing is not damaged by the "gentle" care the bagage handlers give it while it is packed in my Akona roller bag.

Should I disasemble the wing from the BP? or do you just fold the wing around the BP? Or is there an even better method.

I am not sure if it matters that much but I have a Halcyon BP/Pioneer wing with the ACB pockets.

Thank you,

TTSkipper

Don't bother undoing anything. Just put your wetsuit underneath, towels and clothes on top, and underwear/socks down the sides so it's competely covered. If anything gets through that then it won't make any difference how you packed it.

Of course, you could always wear the whole thing on the plane!

cheers

r

watch that the corrugated hose is not bent. remember to make the whole packing deal snug - the sock/towel stuffing richies mentioned should take care of that.

Agreed with the others. Or you could disassemble it. It's only 2 wing nuts. Also, I put the inflator inside one of my gloves.

Arnaud once bubbled...
It's only 2 wing nuts.
Too simple not to do it, and too expensive (and important) to risk. Probably quicker than stuffing in all the padding securely. As mentioned, make sure the inflator hose is okay, and keep a layer of clothing between the plate and the bladder. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom