How long is acceptable for a wing to hold air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shabaday

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a new wing from ZEN xDeep. I orally inflated it but it is slowly losing air. I would say a small portion every day. Not a lot by any means but enough that I am concerned. The wing is brand new so I thought maybe the corrugated hose or inflator might have a slow leak so I replaced it with my DGX wing that holds air for a month or so and no change it still very slowly loses air. I did send tec gear (Sebastian) an email but it is holiday time so I was just curious. It looks like my original Zen wing holds air just fine

I'd submerge it in the bath and find out if and where its leaking from.
I was waiting to hear back from Sebastian before I do that since it is brand new

I would find forever acceptable but also several hours since it’s not a big deal, leaks, unless some defective seem or something will likely be in the OPV/ dump valve not yet fully seated or maybe a little loose, it could also be in the inflator, the already suggested water test is the best way to locate the problem.

Q: If it’s just a tiny bubble leak in a bathtub test, would it become major when at depth due to higher ATM?

Q: If it’s just a tiny bubble leak in a bathtub test, would it become major when at depth due to higher ATM?

Sometimes it isn't a leak, it maybe just some air bubbles trapped under. A vigorous shake may get rid of it. For me, any type of a leak is totally unacceptable. I would find out where/what is leaking and either fix it properly or get a replacement part or get rid of the BC.

I would find forever acceptable but also several hours since it’s not a big deal, leaks, unless some defective seem or something will likely be in the OPV/ dump valve not yet fully seated or maybe a little loose, it could also be in the inflator, the already suggested water test is the best way to locate the problem.
I switched inflators and the hose to a known non leaking one from another wing

Loosing a bit over a couple of days might not even be from a leak but from the difference in temperature or air pressure.

Sometimes it isn't a leak, it maybe just some air bubbles trapped under. A vigorous shake may get rid of it. For me, any type of a leak is totally unacceptable. I would find out where/what is leaking and either fix it properly or get a replacement part or get rid of the BC.
Thanks. It is literally brand new wing from xDeep and I am waiting to see if Sebastian from Techgear wants me to ship it to him

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom