How many dive ops and divers per day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, of course all the divers are using local dive operators. I was just differentiating divers that are using the cruise lines contracted dive vendor from those that arrived on the cruise ship but elected to dive with a different op than the one that supplies the ship's excursion. It would be interesting to know how many divers actually arrive/depart by ship on a one day stop verses those that stay for a more extended period. Not trying to make a point, other than "guessing" how many divers of each category visit Coz on an annual basis.

I think it's safe to say there are "enough" dive ops and "more than enough" divers. However, there's always room for quality dive ops and more experienced, respectful divers... Never forget watching a group of resort divers from the Coz Palace rocket like corks to the surface or fall like rocks to the bottom while grabbing ahold of or standing on every coral structure they could reach. That and those annoying selfie sticks! Nothing like watching a solo Palace diver grab ahold of the flipper of a sea turtle resting under a ledge and drag it out thrashing while he tries to hug it with one arm and his record it with his selfie stick in the other. Where do they hatch those people?

I would not have been able to watch that. I hope you did more than just watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom