Votes: 25 26.9%

Votes: 32 34.4%

Votes: 22 23.7%

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheMotrCty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How many languages can you speak? I've always found that diving, motorcycling, and Sporting Clays (all hobbies of mine) result in me hearing several different languages.

I speak English and Dutch fluently, proficient in Spanish, understand French and can cuss in Mandarin.

Besides English, American and Australian, I'm fair to middle in Ilonggo and Spanish.

In addition to English, I can get by in Spanish and Thai. When in Italy, I speak spanish with an Italian accent. It works better after a few drinks.

I'm sorry to say just English. I'd like to fix that someday.

TheMotrCty:
How many languages can you speak?

English, with a Pennsylvania coal region accent, German, Japanese, Spanish, in that order of proficiency-of course, living in California-the Spanish is almost automatic; there are T'shirts in Southern California that say: "This Is LA, speak Spanish". :wink:

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? --> Bi-lingual

What do you call someone who can speak three or more languages? --> multi-lingual

whad do you call someone who can only speak one language? --> American

mike_s:
What do you call someone who can speak two languages? --> Bi-lingual

What do you call someone who can speak three or more languages? --> multi-lingual

whad do you call someone who can only speak one language? --> American

Sad but all too often true. I'm a good example, or is that a bad example? :(

Hank49:
Besides English, American and Australian, I'm fair to middle in Ilonggo and Spanish.

can only speak English and my dialect, Bisaya, fluently. pretty alright with Filipino. knows how to cuss in Spanish, German, Mandarin, Thai, Bahasa, Dutch, and Vietnamese.

i guess i hang around the wrong kind of people. :laughing:

I can speak/read/write English and Spanish fluently. Though sadly my spanish has a noticeable gringo accent now :(

I can speak/read/write French well enough to live there and have some difficulty the first couple months while I pick up more vocabulary. My reading is the best though.

I can s/r/w basic Japanese.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom