How many on this board use or have used OMS equipment ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off the topof my head, used the OMS SPG, oversized line cutter, a pair of shears and O2 analyzer (store's analyzer). I use my Oxycheq analyzer at the divesite.

i have an OMS SS backplate, harness and single bladder wings. i've only recently got the gear and don't have too many dives with it. Did an Adv nitrox course with them and had no problems. Our instructor is also a commercial diver and he have a lot of OMS gear which was reassuring.

Yes regarding OMS gear and just about every other mfg with over 30 yrs of diving. USD/Aqualung, Halcyon, ScubaPro, Atomics, Cressi, make up the bulk of our families gear. All are maintained and no problems with OMS gear. For backplate rigs primarily Halcyon, and Cressi for our warm water recreation BCs.

I own 2 OMS Steel 85 cu ft tanks. So far, they're great. The valves that came with them give me the option to either use a DIN or yoke 1st stage. I haven't converted my regs to DIN yet, but will do so in the next year. Also, they were already cleaned for Nitrox.

David

Best LP tanks and very good BP and Wing set ups. I also have one of their clunky but very good nitrox computers.

I have:

doubled 98's and 85's
single 85 with H-valve
all oms valves and bands
OMS deco reg for O2
SS plate (the new ones come with both 1" and 2" crotch slots)
O2 analyzer (22 months on the sensor and still works)
3 SPGs

tried their wing with the bungees and had no problems with inflating at depth, didn't try breathing off the inflator, but if both of my cyklons crap out I don't think my inflator is going to do much better....

looking at the single bladder but wonder if it will be that much better than the DR Rec wing I'm using now to justify the cost.

and for info, an uninflated bladder is very hard to puncture, most BC bladder punctures happen when its inflated and pressed into something. A second bladder that isn't inflated will just deform around the protrusion unless its super sharp in which case it'll go through your suit as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom