Nylon or bungee straps ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got lots of stuff

95 009.JPG

so made my own

94 013.JPG

Even ground off a lot of tread from my pixie shoes for perfect fit

93 002.JPG

Now having returned to cold ocean water, they live on a wall

Here's a pic of mine. Both have bungies. I just recently (June 2023), replaced the bungies on my black FF Pros after 23  years of continuous use! Bungies all the way.The fins themselves are indestructable!
1000003545.jpg

I hope to get my new to me, second hand excellerators tomorrow. They have the regular nylon strap so I will try that out again. Had these straps on a pair of extra force fins 15 years ago, but preferred the bungee. Maybe I change my mind.

Hi folks,

I hope to dive my Force Fin Pro XXXL next month for the 1st time. Got them 2nd hand, but never used in the original cardboard box, in Italy, during 2022 second semester. It was a true bit of luck.

Alas, 2023 wasn't so good a vintage as far as diving is concerned, for me at least. Now, I've got everything to go with them : combat boots, a double checked dry suit, and a trip planned, to dive wrecks in the Var next February.

Just one thing though : those fins are fitted with a nylon strap. The pair of Force Fin Pros I've been diving wet for some years have a bungee straps. I'd like to know which kind of straps you prefer, and why ? Stated otherwise : which are the pros and cons of each system ?

Thank you for your help and best of luck while diving in 2024.
Awesome find!
I came across an XL in gemany for a steal (didn’t know about size discrepancy till later) 2nd hand and for wet it worked alright.
It had also nylons straps, when I tried to do a dry dive.. oh my; like 20 minutes of sweating and fighting and barely got in via leveraging with a pry tool.
I instantly knew I need bungees, and hopefully they will fit me dry.
The Nylon straps (and the whole thing )are quite impressive tbh; I have one that has been used by a divemaster for 30 years on Hurgada liveabords and still going strong.
she never had to change the replacement that came with it and I have them in brand new bag :mindblown:

The replacement process seems finicky, and I also can’t really find the bungee, except on possiedon UK website (they won’t deliver); so I’m considering maybe DIY ing a switchable soln. To switch between both unless someone has a better idea

About six years ago, I bought a used pair of force fins with nylon straps. No matter how I wrapped the strap around itself after putting the fins on, the strap was usually loose by the end of the dive.

I recently bought a new pair of pros with the bungees. I've only done a couple of dives with them, but I love them. It's much easier to get on and off. The only negative I can see is that I need to use booties to keep the bungee on. With the straps, I could just pull the straps tighter while barefoot.

like 20 minutes of sweating and fighting and barely got in via leveraging with a pry tool.
But still that says something +ve about how strong the nylon strap is 😅

With the straps, I could just pull the straps tighter while barefoot
Agreed, my first time trying them was a quick snorkel barefoot as well, no bungee can do that

Awesome find!
I came across an XL in gemany for a steal (didn’t know about size discrepancy till later) 2nd hand and for wet it worked alright.
It had also nylons straps, when I tried to do a dry dive.. oh my; like 20 minutes of sweating and fighting and barely got in via leveraging with a pry tool.
I instantly knew I need bungees, and hopefully they will fit me dry.
The Nylon straps (and the whole thing )are quite impressive tbh; I have one that has been used by a divemaster for 30 years on Hurgada liveabords and still going strong.
she never had to change the replacement that came with it and I have them in brand new bag :mindblown:

The replacement process seems finicky, and I also can’t really find the bungee, except on possiedon UK website (they won’t deliver); so I’m considering maybe DIY ing a switchable soln. To switch between both unless someone has a better idea
Replacement is actually quite easy. Go here Straps and Strap Hardware Archives - Force Fins | Worlds Finest Fins for Swimming, Diving, Bellyboating to get the bungies directly from Force Fin.

About six years ago, I bought a used pair of force fins with nylon straps. No matter how I wrapped the strap around itself after putting the fins on, the strap was usually loose by the end of the dive.

I recently bought a new pair of pros with the bungees. I've only done a couple of dives with them, but I love them. It's much easier to get on and off. The only negative I can see is that I need to use booties to keep the bungee on. With the straps, I could just pull the straps tighter while barefoot.
Snowman, the reason the straps came loose was the Force Fin was Forcing forward. For the first year, we did not sell Force Fins with straps. Then some folks started to body surf, and when they stopped kicking, the Force Fins were removed by the pounding surf. The bungee was developed for the US Navy Seals, who wanted an adjustable strap due to the changing and quick get-and-go. Thank for your support, Bob Evans
47.jpg
47-close.jpg
ad-forcefin001-fw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom