how many pairs of fins do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got my certification in 1975 and have only had one pair of fins; a pair of original Scuba Pro Jet Fins that I bought used from a rental shop (in fact thy still have "Rental" engraved in them. I recently replaced the straps due to dry rot. I also notice after a dive at Molokini crater that they are starting to split around the foot. I guess it's finally time to buy a new pair:confused:

6 pairs

Seawing Nova (white) - My girlfriend uses them now
Seawing Nova Gorillas (black) - used them once, haven't used them again
Mares Avanti Quattros (black) - my goto fins
Mares X-Streams (red/black) - used them recently down in Dominica and they were great!
Scubapro Jetfins - for drysuit diving
OMS Slipstreams - used them a few times

So I really only use the two Mares and the Jetfins... I guess I should just stick to the tried and true fins!!

Anyone looking for very lightly used Seawing Gorillas (small) and Slipstreams? (LG) :)

Three (3) namely: a mares excel +, an OMS Slipstream and an Atomic Aquatics Split Fins. My favorite is the mares excel which i use more often during recreational dives and and in all my dive travels abroad

1 pair Force fins I leave in Fl.
1 pair Force fins for travel (mostly)
1 pair Turtle fins

Later,
John

The magic number... 5 but still going to get one more pair..

Not sure how many pairs of fins I have stashed in my dive locker, but I really only use two... my Apollo Bio-Fins for local diving and my ancient US Divers Blades for travel. I get plenty of power from the BioFins but they are a bit heavy for international travel so I carry my Blades on trips.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom