How many tanks do you own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 PST E8-130
2-PST HP100
1-PST HP80

May want to sell the 80 though.

Mitten Diver

I don't have any tanks and now I feel very left out, but my budget (and my wife) calls for spending the money elsewhere....for now!

4 AL 80'S

I'd like to get some steel tanks but from the $$ there seems to be confusion as to whether they are actually steel or platinum.

I'll be needing more 63's and 50's for instructing women and children.

Tanks come with the boat ride in most resorts I frequent.

In Maui rental of a full tank is $4 (or $3.50 by driving a couple of extra miles). If I bought a tank, the air fill would be $4.

Not much incentive to buy a tank as long as AL63 or AL80 is enough for the dive planned.

Charlie

5 steel single 72's various J and K valves
1 set steel 72 doubles with J valve
Oldest 47 years old
Newest 32 years old

Captain

I am just a beginner but they seem to be accumulating rather quickly!

2 - Steel 120 (1 Faber LP for EAN, 1 PST)
1 - Luxfer AL80
1 - Luxfer AL50
1 - Luxfer AL30

And I still want to get another AL80 in the near future. I am trying to not even think about how many I will probably be buying in the future! A rebreather is sounding very nice right now..........

(1) Set of double PST HP120's
(1) Luxfer 30
(1) Luxfer 100
(1) Catalina 80

overexposed2X:
How many?

What size(s)?

What brand(s)?

2 LP steel 125's - Luxfer (I think)
2 LP steel 98's - Farber
3 aluminum 63's (for the kids)
1 aluminum 19 (pony)

I wish I had the pressed steel plus rated 119's...but I don't

jbichsel:
I'd like to get some steel tanks but from the $$ there seems to be confusion as to whether they are actually steel or platinum.
Look at in in the long term. Steel tanks cost about 2.5 times the cost of an equivalently sized AL tank.

Properly cared for, it will last a lifetime. Personally, I would not use an AL older than 10 years. There have not been a LOT of stress-crack failures, but there have been some, and there have been some with both the old and new alloy.

It's a $100 tank... if it lasts 10 years, that's $10 a year well spent. When the $250 steel tank lasts 40 years, that's less than $7 a year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom