Question How many times can I fill a steel 72 off a pair of 130s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also forgot how heavy those monsters are, and how someone used them doubled I will never know. It will be interesting trying to dive them one of these days.
I used to have a couple of them. Quite heavy. I’m with you, can’t really see doing doubles with them.

I dove them for many years. Got rid of them as they were more hassle than the other 7 1/4” diameter tanks. Picked up a pair of 120s instead. Much prefer them or the 100s, depending on who I’m diving with.

I used to have a couple of them. Quite heavy. I’m with you, can’t really see doing doubles with them.

I dove them for many years. Got rid of them as they were more hassle than the other 7 1/4” diameter tanks. Picked up a pair of 120s instead. Much prefer them or the 100s, depending on who I’m diving with.
The guy I bought them from had them configured as doubles with the bracket and manifold. I got a screaming deal on the set, but still haven't used them. My steel 72 just works for most things so far, but sooner or later I will need more gas and one far single seems easier than two smallish tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom