How much bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been afraid to book tours NOT sponsored by the cruislines just because if you are late back, you're outta luck. At least they'll wait for the tours they sponsor. Just another consideration.

I don't really mind booking through the cruise line for the dives, the extra cost and the crowds really won't bother me much, this will be my first salt water dive experience so I think the excitement factor will block all the bad things out. As far as renting the gear, I dive a BP/W, I know I can't rent that, and I can't see myself ever going back to a regular BC again, that plate's just to darned comfortable to give up!

We use Norwegian and take our Akona wheeled bag big enough for 2 divers equipment. We've never had a problem getting it on or off the ship nor have the dive charters had a problem with it. In fact, they tend to love the fact that we have all of our gear except tanks and weights. It stores quite easily under your cabin bed. A hint for rinsing and drying your gear - wait until your done with your island touring/shopping for the day. Tank it up to the pool deck. Rinse it out in the showers. Hang it on the deck railings etc. (not direct sun of course) and grab some food and drink from the deck bar-b-q while you wait for it all to dry. We had alot of other divers on our cruises follow our lead. Usually withing an hour or two everything is nicely dried can be packed away for the next day back in our bag back under our bed. We always do a full cleaning and equipment check when we get back home.

>Neptune Dives in Grand Cayman

How was this dive shop? I'm going to GC in mid October if it's recovereed. This is who I'm scheduled to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom