How much do you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
hence the popularity of planet dive's scubarat scheme... anything lower than that would actually mean sleeping on the sand, crapping in the bushes and sipping air off used tanks!

"dude, see you got 700psi in that... akin na lang, 30feet lang naman ako e hehehehe"

hahahahahahaha

Jag

30 feet lang naman e :laugh:

chers,

i know who you are :eyebrow: we were co-faculty once upon a time in Benilde... i was noob back then

actually i haven't seen you around the diving circuit and it was a surprise to me to find out you were a diver... a DM friend of mine also knows you as he'd worked with you in the past (Jun Austria)...

last resort you were in with a bangka theme? outrigger resort owned by scubaworld... a couple of resorts down from (gag, gasp, groan) vistamar

regarding your booking/pricing query? i clarified your question with booking just this morning and i was right - the actual (final) price is affected by the # of divers on the boat. per-dive rates are based on a pre-set DM rate and a pre-set boat rate (balai doesn't own the boats)... hence depending on destination and # of pax, the actual per-dive can vary... NOW if the boat hits 5+ divers then the rates are at their lowest...

since joining another group's not a problem for you guys then you can tell jasmin (booking office) and she can make the arrangements for you to join a group or group your party together with another group who's short on #s...

apparently that's why they want guests to call the office rather than just popping up unannounced (other resorts allow that) because there are certain parameters that can affect the final charges for the group... putting all the different scenarios and conditions online would just complicate things when a human would do a better job of fielding questions...

i'll be updating the rate pages very soon to reflect a disclaimer of some sort... sorry for the misunderstanding :D

do hope to see you around! and despite the snafu, i'm sure you'd enjoy your stay immensely

Jag

I think you might have gotten it all twisted. I've been going to Balai (my home on that side of tha planet)for the past 6 years. Whenever I'm in the Philippines, I make it a point to dive in Anilao.

From experience, 3,150 is twin sharing and an additional person in the room would mean a few pesos off the package. I believe that 3,150 is not applicable if there are less than 5 divers in the dive group. I pay much more. I pay for my own boat, divemaster, etc. if there aren't any other divers to share with. The variable in most dive resorts in the Anilao area is the diving.

Try to get your acts together before saying that it was very misleading. I think that was harsh thing to say. Its a shame that you got confused or you felt that you were misled. I'm not making you wrong.

Hope you get this ironed-out.

weremermaid:
Jag,
http://www.balai-resort.com/anilao_rates.htm

On the Balai website, the Overnight Package Diver (w/ own gear) Twin Sharing w/ Private T/B is listed as Php3,150 - however, according to the girl I spoke to in the Balai Mla office, this fee is applicable only for 5 people. What the?

Does this mean 2 people have beds (hence the "twin sharing" category while 3 people in the same room get foam matresses and sleep on the floor? What kind of twin sharing has 5 people in a room? Or does this mean you need 5 people in a group and there is a room for 2 people and another room for 3 people, all with beds and private T/B?

To list "Twin Sharing w/ Private T/B = Php3,150" is very misleading then, if there are hidden conditions. Please clarify this issue, likewise, this info should also be on your website, specially for potential clients not based in the Philippines.

Cherrie

hehehhehe that twin triple quad sharing scheme is really disturbing, tricky, intricate especially the pricing. other resorts have that scheme as well....

Back
Top Bottom