How much savings needed to be to buy your dive computer from a non-authorized dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

^^ Please keep in mind muzikbiz22 was responding to my post about a "manufactures recall", not a simple warranty repair. In a manufacturers recall, there there is the potential of contractual liability arising from others involved in the entire chain of commerce. Its messy, potentially very expensive and they will take care of it, either good faith or just to avoid the possibility of litigation and the subsequent increase in their cost for product liability insurance. A simple warranty repair is a different ball game.

I purchased a D6, then D4 from www.leisurpro.com. Saving me around 50% of the cost if I purchased in Australia. I had a post leisurepro warranty (2 years), condensation problem after having the D6 battery changed at an authorised service centre in Bali.
I fixed this by removing the battery and puting the D6 in an oven at 45-50 degrees celsius for an hour or two. Letting it cool to room temperature then replacing the battery and lightly siliconing the o-ring.

I'll be replacing the battery myself from now on!

42% is a worthwhile saving. Go for it. It's worth a small risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom