How much time needed for customs in GC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not being an experienced traveler (yet). Was looking at some of the flights from Atlanta to GC and CB. Some of the layovers in GC seem long and I had looked at individual flights from GC to CB, with the thought of booking seperatly. How long does it take to get through customs or is that a problem? Or who can help me book flights with the least layover and finding the best price? We can leave either on a Thursday evening or a Friday morning and return on a Sunday.10-11 days later.

We are strongly considering Brac Reef Resort on CB in April.

Thanks

Has never taken me very long.Getting off the plane,retrieving bags,immigration and customs takes maybe 15 minutes .

It is a small airport,nothing like a US international airport.

I've never done it, but I'm not sure you even clear in GC if you're going on to Brac. I think if you stay in the terminal that you clear in Brac. Last time we were there it took 10 mins to clear everyone off the AE puddle jumper from Miami - about 30 people.

You might want to contact a divetravel agent. Two I've used are:

www.aquadreams.com ask for Dani
www.caradonna.com

both times i've been there it's been rather fast

perhaps 10-15 minutes

One thing to consider is the size of the planes to CB or LC. If all your luggage is carry on- should be no problem. We came in on a late flight to GC- but there were more confirmed passengers than plane space on the flight to LC- they found a pilot and added a flight about 2 hours later. Also there was not enough luggage room. Several of us got our luggage the next day. Still worth it :D

I just went to Brac in December and cleared customs there. The whole process took 20 minutes(immigration, claim bags, clear customs). Brac Reef Resort is a great place to spend a week. The dive staff is great.

avoidthebends:
I just went to Brac in December and cleared customs there. The whole process took 20 minutes(immigration, claim bags, clear customs). Brac Reef Resort is a great place to spend a week. The dive staff is great.

Last time it took me 20 for customs & 20 for the bags.

They are normally pretty quick, unless you are behind a arriving flight from Jamacia, then expect a good hour or more...

underachiever:
How long does it take to get through customs or is that a problem? Thanks

I'll let you know,my plane lands at 2:00 PM tommorrow!!!!!
Wooo-hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :14: :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom