How much will it cost to get a Work Visa in Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am familiar with Thai Visa, I discovered it about 6 years ago. I don't know whats really true and what is BS on that site sometime. I see many job postings on the PADI site for Thailand but when I apply they tell me that they are looking for instructors already in the area. Is this how all dive jobs are? They only hire you if you are in the immediate area? I am new at this and fresh out of school. I keep hearing conflicting information about Thailand. I have had emails from shop owners Pattaya saying every shop is in need of OWSI as well as sporadic jobs in Patong, where I'd rather be. However some also say it is very competitive. I think the people already over there do not want any fresh blood lol. I am about to just throw caution to the wind and try to make it work. If I fail, at least I tried...

---------- Post added January 15th, 2015 at 03:54 PM ----------

Are there many out of work instructors there?

Well I would not want to stay in Pattaya as Instructor.....Pattaya isn't nice. The diving isn't good. (There are also good things, infrastructural, english skills, international food from about everywhere)

if you want to work in thailand and you need a work permit you need to have more than minimum salary for african minimum is 25000bht
for ppl from europe uk and us 35000 baht for Japanese Singaporean and Taiwanese 50000
the educational visa its very good so many OWSI have it here it make things easy if you couldn't have a work permit .
last solution find a girl marry her then you are free to have one year visa the weeding and all you will pay it once . but if you make your own company you have to pay the government every year tax about and your company and about ppl working for u .... its gonna cost you a lot on long term unless you are gonna make money from it

Your numbers are incorrect, you can have one year visa (or better extension of stay) without marrying, ED visa does not replace a workpermit nor does it allow a longer stay than e.g. a tourist visa.

But for the rest a good post :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom