How often do most shops in your area require Nitrox tanks to be O2 cleaned?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm.... and why do you assume he doesn't have the cert?

Does he??? The way it was presented he learned how to do it by watching it in the dive shop. Did I read that wrong?

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Dang...you beat me to it! :D

I attached a little pdf for those of you who think your tanks are squeaky clean after they've been perfectly O2 cleaned and you've had your first fill with anything besides medical grade O2 and/or helium.

Attachments

• 08AirSpecs.pdf
    354.9 KB · Views: 396
Does he??? The way it was presented he learned how to do it by watching it in the dive shop. Did I read that wrong?

He probably has it stored away along with the evidence to support this ridiculous statement:

BTW most shops test their air after changing filters........

:lotsalove:

Yup, he does. Got the card and probably a lot more knowledge than is needed to get the cert. He's pretty anal that way (actually, if anyone DID have tanks that were 100% free of contaminents - even on the outside - it would be Dan...).

What he actually watched in a dive shop was not people cleaning the tanks, it was people putting stickers on tanks they had NOT cleaned... thus the peace of mind he has knowing that when he does it, they actually have been cleaned.

You didn't take your meds today, did you?
By the way, your ASS is showing!
Hey Randy? Nobody asked you to join our situation so haul your trolling ASS back on off to Dayton er wherever it is you come from. Your BS commentary is unwelcome here.

He probably has it stored away along with the evidence to support this ridiculous statement:

:lotsalove:

And, he backed away from that statement - or explained what he actually meant - with this statement "My point is if someone has an air test that shows clean air, that only means the air was clean at the time the test was done."

Be careful before you go slapping that "L for loser" on your forehead... it just might freeze that way.

This thread has become a bit insane... I can't help wondering if it's something to do with barometric pressure effecting the divers in Texas...

Yup, he does. Got the card and probably a lot more knowledge than is needed to get the cert. He's pretty anal that way (actually, if anyone DID have tanks that were 100% free of contaminents - even on the outside - it would be Dan...).

My apologies to Dan then...:clapping:

Even his tanks are contaminated after the first fill though. :wink:

This thread has become a bit insane... I can't help wondering if it's something to do with barometric pressure effecting the divers in Texas...

I think it has more to do with the attitudes of a couple of foreigners who came in with their smart-aleck comments...at least that's what got me going. I'll be polite as long as everyone else is, but I'm not backing down to a jerk. Too much testosterone, maybe. :wink: Probably the same reason I'll track someone down for flipping me off from their car. Definitely a personal problem.:D

My apologies to Dan then...:clapping:

Even his tanks are contaminated after the first fill though. :wink:

Yeah... I just had that conversation (via email) with a friend - who has his own oil-free compressor - today. It's hard to know what to do when you want to take good -excellent - care of your equipment, but don't necessarily feel the need to go "overboard." For example, I have recently started doing my own VIPs (and yes, before you card me, I have the cert!), but I can't find anything anywhere that addresses whether or not it's okay to have dog hair (O2-clean dog hair, of course) in the tank... and this is a relevant question in my house...

(Yes, yes... I'm just joking of course. I have one (1) dog-free room in my house... but if I take off a valve in any other room... well... It would be good information for someone to have....)

Come on, Dan. Surely you are not so naive to believe that your tanks are 100% free of contaminants....ever. Besides, you're breaking the rules O2 cleaning your tanks without the cert to do it. :depressed:

Oh and that's "peace of mind," not "piece of mind." Piece of mind is what Phil got. :wink:

OK I'll bite. Actually I do have that certification as well as a whole stack of others including technical certifications. What I don't understand how does your being an "experienced" tech diver give you any better knowledge about O2 than any one else. You are certified to breathe it. That is it.

John you are usually a really nice guy. I can only assume there is something personal going on in your life that you are taking out on everyone else. Might I suggest you walk away from your computer for the night and sleep on it.

And the rest of you. This is the Texas forum let's not make every one else think we are a bunch of a**holes like our president.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom